Cardiovascular disease remains the No. 1 killer of both men and women in North America. Changes in diet and exercise can go a long way in helping to keep your heart healthy.
The full Heart Health article can be found at ChooseCherries.com.
A look at the evidence:
- Protects the heart. A high intake of anthocyanins – abundant in purple and dark red fruits and vegetables like tart cherries – was associated with a decreased risk of myocardial infarction in young and middle-aged women. Find more about this study here.
- Reduces stroke risk. The University of Michigan Cardioprotection Research Laboratory suggests tart cherries may help reduce the risk of stroke...
Discover the powerful secret of cherries with Tart Cherry Concentrate. In a world raving about the health benefits of exotic fruits and miracle remedies, the best and highest source of healthy antioxidants can be found here in home grown U.S. Tart Cherries. The simple tart cherries that you enjoy in pies for example are brimming with unique antioxidant properties like anthocyanins that are natural compounds. You get 25 mg. anthocyanins in every serving.
You can buy individual servings, pints or quarts of Nature Blessed 100% Natural Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate and have it shipped direct by visiting our online store here (click here).
Research indicates that tart cherries may help reduce inflammation related to arthritis and gout.
For decades, people with arthritis and gout have consumed tart cherry juice for relief of symptoms – even though much of the evidence was anecdotal, and some people dismissed the soothing claims as folklore.
Now there’s hard science to back it up. Tart cherries are one of the highest sources of phenolic compounds, specifically anthocyanins, which have been shown to fight inflammation – even as much as some pain medications. In fact, some researchers have concluded that tart cherries have more inflammation-fighting potential than any other food.
A look at the evidence.
- Reduces uric acid levels. Excess uric acid in the blood is the culprit behind the excruciating pain of a gout attack...
When this mother duck was out for a walk during a nice and warm summer day with her 12 little ones, she crossed a manhole grate and sadly all her ducklings got stuck down in a drain. Luckily for mama duck, some nearby office workers heard her cries of distress and hatched a daring rescue plan.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 128 individual gummies
- 1 1/4 cups tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup honey
In a small bowl, stir together the juice and the gelatin until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan on low-medium heat and add the honey. Continue stirring until well mixed but making sure not to boil. Remove from heat, allowing it to slightly cool before pouring into a rectangular hard candy sheet mold (use a sheet mold tray with 64 molds of 3/4″ x 1″). Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes or until it begins to gel before transferring into the refrigerator. Place in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to allow it to set.
Instead of a can...
The 7-day Tart Cherry Juice Challenge
What is it?
Research suggests tart cherry juice or concentrate may help ease muscle pain associated with intense exercise, leading to a growing number of elite athletes and weekend warriors including tart cherry juice in their training routine.
Soreness after a workout is caused by a combination of inflammation, muscle damage and oxidative stress – and researchers suggest the natural compounds in Montmorency tart cherries, including anthocyanins, may aid in faster recovery, decreased muscle pain, and less muscle damage when consumed prior to working out, as well as after.1,2,3
What to do:
Drink either 8 ounces of tart cherry juice or 2 tablespoons...
We were looking for more recipes that include the Tart Cherries we love and ended up with SOOO many we wanted to try. So we included them here. If you try these out, please share your comments!
Read the full article.
Here are the 11 fabulous recipes the author, Kerry Acker, will be turning to very, very soon. Carpe cherry!
Sour Cherry Salsa
Sour-Cherry Streusel Pie
Sour Cherry Crostata
Sour Cherry Preserves
Classic Sour Cherry Pie with Lattice Crust
Sour Cherry Compote
Sour Cherry Crumble
Sour Cherry Strudels
Warm Skillet Sour Cherries with Vanilla Ice Cream
Sour Cherry Cobbler
The National Cherry Festival is an annual celebration of everything cherries. Here are five can’t miss things to do inTraverse City, Mich.
- Cherry Farm Market – with more than 100 very cherry products, including cherry summer sausage, tart cherry salsas and mustards, and traditional jams and jellies, you’ll find everything you need to incorporate tart cherries into your everyday dishes!
- Very Cherry Cooking Demos – don’t miss simple and delicious ways to cook with cherries, daily at noon and 2 p.m.
- Award-winning pie – you can’t go to northern Michigan and not try the pie! Check out the National Cherry Festival’s signature cherry pies from Grand Traverse Pie Company.
- Tart cherries – need we say more? Use the National Cherry Festival to celebrate all things tart – in dried,...